By Mercury Staff
1. The contest is bi-weekly and free. Winners get their photo published in The Mercury Newspaper, a Schuylkill Valley Sports gift card for the West Pottstgrove location and a free T-shirt
2. Fit Kid photo submissions are due every week by noon Wednesday.
3. Submissions must include the child’s first name, age and the town they live in. Submissions without the necessary information will not be included in that week’s contest
4. The contest includes three age divisions so the child’s age is a must. The categories are 2 to 6 years old, 7 to 12 years old and 13 to 18 years old. A winner will be chosen from each age division every two weeks
5. Every other week, there will be a different activity theme for photos submissions such as running, swimming or bicycling. Only photos submitted of that contest’s activity theme will be accepted. Each theme will be announced every two weeks on Facebook and our Twitter @MercFit4Life. The theme can also be found on the Fit for Life homepage
6. Once submissions are in for that contest, three photo albums will be posted on Facebook around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday signifying that voting can begin. Each Facebook photo album will be labeled with the specific age division
7. Facebook users can easily vote for their favorite kid fitness photo in each category by LIKING the photo in the album. It is allowed to tag friends in the comments under a child’s name to encourage voting and it’s allowed to share the photo on your own individual page. Contestants should also encourage their friends to LIKE the Fit for Life Facebook so they get notified every time photos are posted and when winners are announced.
8. Voting starts Wednesday evening and stops 3 p.m. on Friday. The child with the most LIKES in each age division will win. Winners will be announced shortly after voting stops on Facebook. At this time, the next activity theme will also be announced.
9. Winners will receive an email about how they can pick up their prizes. Winners should pick up the prizes from the Schuylkill Valley Sports Store within 2 weeks of being notified as a winner. The reason being, that the photo taken in the SVS store will be the one published in the newspaper so timing is important.
10. Children of the same family are allowed to be winners and children can even win multiple times. With that being said, the purpose of the contest is to give a wide range of children the opportunity to be the Fit Kid of the Week. Winners are asked to wait two weeks before submitting photos again for the contest.
For any further questions please contact Michilea Patterson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 610-850-0282.